8.31.2011

the best time of year.

--3 days, 5 hours, and 35 minutes until my favorite time of the year.
--3 days, 5 hours, and 35 minutes until 84,000+ people yell BOOMER SOONER for the first time this year.
--3 days, 5 hours, and 35 minutes until Ryan Broyles begins his hopeful journey to break basically every record at OU and Landry Jones to the Heisman.
--3 days, 5 hours, and 35 minutes until the race to the Sugar Bowl starts.
--3 days, 5 hours, and 35 minutes until it's football time in Oklahoma.

The further from graduation I get, the more thankful I am that I am able to call myself an alumni of the University of Oklahoma and the more I realize how much that place actually taught me. I don't necessarily remember what I learned in class, but I learned more about life in those 4 years that I ever thought possible.

I met some of my best friends. I met some of my worst enemies. I learned that people don't always have your best interest at heart (which is contrary to what I grew up believing in small town Texas). Some people have always been, and always will be, all about themselves. Some people, however, are angels sent from heaven. Sometimes, that scary professor that you don't want to take, will change your outlook on life, love, school, and everything in between. I learned that I will never get tired of Chick-fil-a, watching the leaves turn to gold or the feeling you get when you walk into that football stadium. Norman saw me at my best and my worst. Driving into Norman for the first time was one of the scariest days of my life. Driving away from Norman for the last time was one of the saddest days. Somewhere between Couch Tower #1103, 744 Elm Ave and Classen Boulevard, I became the person I am today. And for that, I could not be more grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment